Ask our dietitians how they can help you
Why do you need to visit a Dietitian?
1. Personalised Nutrition Plan
At Profit Physio Clinic, our dietitian is committed to helping you achieve your health goals through a personalised nutrition plan. We understand that every individual has unique nutritional needs and preferences, which is why we take time to get to know you and create a plan tailored to your specific needs.
Our dietitian will work with you to develop a nutrition plan that fits your lifestyle and helps you meet your health goals. Whether you are looking to lose weight, manage a medical condition, or simply improve your overall health, we will provide you with the tools and support you need to succeed.
2. High blood sugar levels/Diabetes
Diabetes carries quite a few health risks — sometimes even life-threatening complications such as silent heart attacks. Bringing those spiking blood sugars down is, therefore, as imperative as is losing excess weight to prevent diabetes from worsening. After all, nobody wants to end up getting their leg/foot amputated.
3. High Blood Cholesterol Levels
This is another major health risk. By causing a buildup of fats in your blood vessels, high cholesterol can clog and narrow the arteries, cutting off blood supply to your vital organs like heart, brain, and even legs. The end result is heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease. It is, hence, crucial to address them in a timely fashion by your doctor’s and nutritionist’s recommendations.
4. High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
High blood pressure can wreak havoc on several body organs, including but not limited to heart, brain, kidneys, and eyes. On the contrary, a low-salt diet can save you from falling victim to numerous health problems.
5. Coeliac Disease
Gluten intolerance can be a nuisance to your health. However, expert nutritionists can help you switch gears to a gluten-free diet while allowing you to reap similar level of benefits and energy from the alternative foods available.
What kind of dietary tweaks to expect from our Dietetic services for combating Obesity and Diabetes?
The dietary patterns for both obesity and high blood sugars are almost the same with a few alterations here and there. After a thorough discussion about your health issues, our dietitians assess your current calorie intake and your physical activity to calculate your calorie requirements. Personalized meal plans are created to tackle cravings, stress, and lapses while educating you on the foods to avoid and consume.
For weight loss, diabetes, and high cholesterol levels, the dietitians usually advise:
- Cutting back on:
- Saturated and trans fats (bad fats such as those present in fatty beef, butter, cheese, fried foods etc.);
- Refined vegetable oils like sunflower and soybean oil (high in omega-6 fatty acids, which promote inflammation, obesity, and metabolic issues);
- Added sugars (this means no condiments, sweets, white bread, soft drinks, or canned food products).
- Consuming good fats:
- These include avocados, nuts, seeds, fish (rich in omega-3s), olive oil, canola and peanut oils.
- Loading up on dietary fiber such as that found in fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, and bran:
- Keeps you full for long - thus, avoiding the munching and few bites here and there — which keeps your weight under control;
- Stabilizes your blood sugar levels;
- Limits the absorption of cholesterol into your blood, thus lowering the bad cholesterol levels.