Ask our dietitians how they can help you
Why do you need to visit a Dietitian?
1. Obesity/weight gain
Obesity is one of the key health concerns today as it can pave the way for heart diseases and metabolic problems like diabetes. Dropping some extra pounds can be challenging for obese or overweight individuals. Thus, expert advice by a dietitian is deemed necessary at least in the initial phases.
2. High blood sugar levels/Diabetes
Diabetes carries quite a few health risks — sometimes even life-threatening complications such as silent heart attacks. Bringing those spiking blood sugars down is, therefore, as imperative as is losing excess weight to prevent diabetes from worsening. After all, nobody wants to end up getting their leg/foot amputated.
3. High Blood Cholesterol Levels
This is another major health risk. By causing a buildup of fats in your blood vessels, high cholesterol can clog and narrow the arteries, cutting off blood supply to your vital organs like heart, brain, and even legs. The end result is heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease. It is, hence, crucial to address them in a timely fashion by your doctor’s and nutritionist’s recommendations.
4. High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
High blood pressure can wreak havoc on several body organs, including but not limited to heart, brain, kidneys, and eyes. On the contrary, a low-salt diet can save you from falling victim to numerous health problems.
5. Coeliac Disease
Gluten intolerance can be a nuisance to your health. However, expert nutritionists can help you switch gears to a gluten-free diet while allowing you to reap similar level of benefits and energy from the alternative foods available.
What kind of dietary tweaks to expect from our Dietetic services for combating Obesity and Diabetes?
The dietary patterns for both obesity and high blood sugars are almost the same with a few alterations here and there. After a thorough discussion about your health issues, our dietitians assess your current calorie intake and your physical activity to calculate your calorie requirements. Personalized meal plans are created to tackle cravings, stress, and lapses while educating you on the foods to avoid and consume.
For weight loss, diabetes, and high cholesterol levels, the dietitians usually advise:
- Cutting back on:
- Saturated and trans fats (bad fats such as those present in fatty beef, butter, cheese, fried foods etc.);
- Refined vegetable oils like sunflower and soybean oil (high in omega-6 fatty acids, which promote inflammation, obesity, and metabolic issues);
- Added sugars (this means no condiments, sweets, white bread, soft drinks, or canned food products).
- Consuming good fats:
- These include avocados, nuts, seeds, fish (rich in omega-3s), olive oil, canola and peanut oils.
- Loading up on dietary fiber such as that found in fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, and bran:
- Keeps you full for long - thus, avoiding the munching and few bites here and there — which keeps your weight under control;
- Stabilizes your blood sugar levels;
- Limits the absorption of cholesterol into your blood, thus lowering the bad cholesterol levels.
Personalised exercise programs are also available. Follow up consultations are recommended every 6-8 weeks to monitor and maintain progress. Come in for a consultation in Revesby today, we also serve the Padstow and Bankstown area.
25% DISCOUNT ON THE FIRST VISIT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Pro-Fit Physio & Allied Health Centre begins this promotion on 1 May 2019 - valid until 30 October 2019 | 25% discount on Dietitian services is applicable only for the first visit to the centre, each subsequent session must be paid at standard centre rates | The standard non-promotional cost of a session with a professional Dietitian is $70 | Customer must mention viewing Google, Facebook or Bing ad or present a printed coupon to receive 25% discount|